T. Joseph McQueeney
Areas Of Concentration
- Administrative Law (including Alcoholic Beverages Licensing)
- Civil Litigation
- Condominium and Homeowners Associations
- Corporate Transactions
- Criminal Defense
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Personal Injury
- Serious Traffic Matters (including MVA Hearings)
- 2014 — University of Baltimore School of Law, summa cum laude
- 2010 — University of Maryland, B.A., Criminology & Criminal Justice, with Honors
Honors and Recognitions
- Leading Lawyer in Business Law, What’s Up Eastern Shore (2015)
- Heuisler Honor Society, University of Baltimore School of Law (2014)
- President’s Cup (Scholar Athlete), University of Maryland, College Park (2010)
- Fourth and Long: How the Well-Established System of Workers’ Compensation Poses a Substantial Threat to the Financial Stability of the NFL, 43 U. Balt. L. Rev. 307 (2014)
- Speaker, Modern Developments in Medicare Supplement Policies, Joint Medicare Conference (2017)
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Studies Department, Chesapeake College, 2018 – Present
- 111 Scherr Lane, LLC v. Triangle General Contractors, Inc., 223 Md. App. 214, 163 A.3d 248 (2017)
Joseph McQueeney (“Joey”) is a rising associate with Braden, Thompson, Poltrack & Mundy, LLP who primarily focuses his practice on complex civil litigation and criminal defense, while also applying his expansive and vast skillset to a myriad of other practice areas, including administrative matters, business formation and operation, and estate planning and administration.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. McQueeney attended the University of Maryland, earning his undergraduate degree in Criminology & Criminal Justice, with honors, and a minor in Philosophy, while also participating in the Criminology & Criminal Justice Honors Program and the College Park Scholars Program for Business, Society, and the Economy. During his final two years at the University of Maryland, Mr. McQueeney joined the football team as a walk-on wide receiver, eventually earning a varsity letter during his senior season and receiving the University of Maryland President’s Cup for academic achievement in intercollegiate athletics.
Mr. McQueeney subsequently attended the University of Baltimore on a full academic scholarship, where he received awards for top marks in an array of classes, including Advanced Business Organizations, Copyright and the Arts, Federal Income Tax, Insurance Law, Introduction to Lawyering Skills, and Property Law. During his time in law school, Mr. McQueeney also served as the Associate Technology Editor for the University of Baltimore Law Review and a Research Assistant for the Center for Sport and the Law. After graduating eighth in a class of over 300 students, Mr. McQueeney was inducted into the Heuisler Honor Society, and knew that he desired nothing more than to foster his burgeoning legal career on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
In the years that Mr. McQueeney has spent with the firm, he has not only developed and learned from a group of amazing and skilled attorneys, but also directly helped usher the firm to greater heights. Mr. McQueeney knows that, with certain exceptions, most people who require legal services are going through some of the most difficult and trying times of their lives. A successful attorney has to serve many roles, including advocate, confidant, counselor, and strategist. In the modern age of boutiques and limited specialties, Mr. McQueeney wants nothing more than to synthesize these roles with his skills and truly become a person’s “family attorney.” Towards that end, each client can rest assured that Mr. McQueeney will diligently endeavor to transform his compassion, dedication, intelligence, and passion into a complete and satisfactory legal experience.